Re: NW6sp8 abends daily

Massimo Rosen

Jan 28, 2010, 2:20:23 PM1/28/10

rdreed wrote:

> We are having abends 2-3 times a day on one particular server. Began
> just before Xmas, had been completely stable since July when installed
> new along with 6 others identical. Have had no known changes to
> hardware or software, no patches or service pack upgrades. Can someone
> help decipher the abend log? Thx in advance.

THat Abend.log is unfortunately useless, we need to see Abend 1. Yours
starts with Abend 9 ,which is virtually always collateral damage.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

Marcel Cox

Jan 29, 2010, 9:06:56 AM1/29/10
As MAssimo already indicated, you have no abend 1 in your abend.log file.
However you will probably not find an abend 1 in your log because after
the series which starts with "abend 9", the next series starts with "abend
3" so that 1 and 2 are missing inbetween.
All in all, it looks like this could be s storage (driver) related abend.
So the first thing to do is to check whether the firmware of your RAID
controller is up to date and update your mega_sas.ham driver. Your
mega_sas driver in fact is outdated, you have version 1.06.5 while the
latest version is 1.12 and is available here:
http://www.lsi.com/cm/License.do?url=http://www.lsi.com/DistributionSystem/AssetDocument/1.12_Netware_HWR_Driver.zip&prodName=MegaRAID%20SAS%209280-8e&subType=Driver&locale=EN

BTW what kind of hardrware are you using?

--
Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums

wiegandb

Jan 29, 2010, 3:30:02 PM1/29/10
Hello,

in addition to what Massimo and Marcel have said please check in BIOS
whether hyperthreading is disabled and update the BX2.LAN driver from
version 4.42 to 5.01.

Good luck

Burkhard Wiegand

Netware Admin