Re: NW65SP8 Daily Abends - CPU Hog Detected

Haitch

Jan 11, 2010, 12:51:48 PM1/11/10
njewett,

> We are experiencing mulitple abends on 2 of our NW65SP8 servers in
> cluster. I am attacing latest abend error. Any suggestions would be
> helpful.

Abend 1 on P07: Server-5.70.08-1937: CPU Hog Detected by Timer

Does this server really have 8 physical cores, or is a quad core with
hyperthreading enabled? If it has hypertyhreading enabled, disable it.

H.

--
Hamish
Run multi-processor NetWare VM's with vmBoost

Massimo Rosen

Jan 11, 2010, 1:15:03 PM1/11/10

njewett wrote:

> We are experiencing mulitple abends on 2 of our NW65SP8 servers in
> cluster. I am attacing latest abend error. Any suggestions would be
> helpful.

Apart from Hamish's good advice, that Abend could very well be a driver
problem, and *all* your HW drivers on that server are massively
outdated. After verifying you don't have HT enabled, I'd strongly
suggest updating your HP software, and especially drivers to all their
latest versions.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen