Re: waiting for directory services to release the local database

a...@novell.com

Jan 25, 2010, 8:53:44 AM1/25/10

Massimo Rosen

Jan 25, 2010, 9:24:17 AM1/25/10

JebediahShapnacker wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I decommissioned then recommissioned a server. When I try and run
> DSrepair I get the following:
>
> waiting for directory services to release the local database files
>
> And the server hangs until I hard reboot.

And the Server OS is? And which Service Pack? And what eDir version?

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

Massimo Rosen

Jan 26, 2010, 5:01:23 AM1/26/10

JebediahShapnacker wrote:

> Sorry. The version is:
>
> Netware 6.5.6
> Edirectory: 8.7.3.9
>
> Hope this helps.

Well, start with SP8. If it still happens then, you probably have an
astray or corrupt temporary DIB copy sitting in sys:\_netware.