Re: WS2_32.NLM abend?

Massimo Rosen

Jan 30, 2010, 6:06:04 PM1/30/10

lynnreas wrote:

> Since upgrading to SP8 in December 2009 the server abends almost daily
> (less often on the weekends) with the same abend as listed below..

What immediately jumps at me is your severely outdated Symantec AV. I
would patch that ASAP. There have been *A LOT* of bugs of all sorts in
10.00 (which you're running).

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

wiegandb

Jan 31, 2010, 8:55:35 AM1/31/10
Hello,

in addition to what the others said:
there are two CDM-modules loaded CPQSHD.CDM (from HP) and SCSIHD.CDM
(from Novell). For a MSA1000 thats connected to Netware servers
CPQSHD.CDM should be the only one loaded. This may help to clear things
because part of the the cluster communication also needs a good SAN
connection and maybe confused by the two CDMs.
Please check whether hyperthreading is disabled and what version of LAN
drivers did you run at SP7 or did all three nodes of the cluster have
got the same version of LAN drivers? Do you have Apple-Clients that
connect to the servers?

Regards Burkhard

Hans van den Heuvell

Jan 31, 2010, 1:19:36 PM1/31/10
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:26:01 +0000, lynnreas wrote:

> are Intel based with no hyperthreading. I will remove the SCSIHD.CMD
> and restart the server. Then play the wait and see game.

Running both of them is indeed a bad prcatice, but it would be more
preferred however if you _keep_ SCSIHD.CDM and remove the CPQSHD.CDM.

Regards
Hans

Massimo Rosen

Jan 31, 2010, 6:10:12 PM1/31/10

Massimo Rosen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> lynnreas wrote:
> >
> > I checked the LAN driver which is current 5.01 from Broadcom. While
> > rtvscan.nlm show 10.0 when its started 10.1.5.5000, that is the latest
> > of Symantec.
>
> No. The latest version is *at least* 10.1.8.8000.

Actually, it's 10.1.9.9000 even.

Massimo Rosen

Jan 31, 2010, 6:07:18 PM1/31/10