NW 6.5 SP8 new server.exe

Denis Dorigo

Feb 23, 2010, 5:11:17 AM2/23/10
Good day,

I'm having problems as per TID 7004400.

Does anyone have the updated server.exe (Server Version 5.70.08 August 21,
2009) handy?

Thanks

Massimo Rosen

Feb 23, 2010, 5:34:23 AM2/23/10

If the workaround given in the TID isn't viable for you (why not?), the
proper way to optain the patch is stated in the TID too.
Novell likely reasons that patch isn't public, and anybody that by
chance has the file and would distribute it would violate the license
terms.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

Denis Dorigo

Feb 23, 2010, 6:26:02 AM2/23/10
Thanks,

After applying workaround same problem persists.

Will contact Support and see if that file actually solves my problem.

I'm a bit confused with the TID though

QUOTE

Eliminate the NDS cache file (SYS:\_NETWARE\_NDSDB.INI) and allow NDS cache
to dynamically allocate cache.

UNQUOTE

should I just delete the _ndsdb.ini file?

Thanks

>>> Massimo Rosen<mros...@SPAMcfc-it.de> 23/02/2010 10:34 >>>
Hi,

Denis Dorigo wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I'm having problems as per TID 7004400.
>
> Does anyone have the updated server.exe (Server Version 5.70.08 August
21,
> 2009) handy?

If the workaround given in the TID isn't viable for you (why not?), the
proper way to optain the patch is stated in the TID too.
Novell likely reasons that patch isn't public, and anybody that by
chance has the file and would distribute it would violate the license
terms.

CU,
‑‑

Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!

http://www.cfc‑it.de

Massimo Rosen

Feb 23, 2010, 6:56:40 AM2/23/10

Denis Dorigo wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> After applying workaround same problem persists.

But you *do* actually have a traditional SYS volume?

> Will contact Support and see if that file actually solves my problem.
>
> I'm a bit confused with the TID though
>
> QUOTE
>
> Eliminate the NDS cache file (SYS:\_NETWARE\_NDSDB.INI) and allow NDS cache
> to dynamically allocate cache.
>
> UNQUOTE
>
> should I just delete the _ndsdb.ini file?

I'd rename it rather then delete it, but yes.

CU,