Re: Server abends on bootup

David Gersic

Sep 2, 2010, 10:46:10 AM9/2/10
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:36:05 +0000, edrush wrote:

> Our server is coming up to the OES splash screen, then immediately
> rebooting. This just started yesterday (sum, 08/29)

"server -nl" to disable the splash screen may allow you to see what's
happening.

> Server version is 6.5 sp6

Ugh. Why?

Sp6 is flat out horrible. Why haven't you upgraded this poor server to a
service pack that doesn't inhale strongly? Please get Sp8 deployed as
soon as possible.

> I have put the hard drive is a duplicate machine, but got the same
> results, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Unless the problem hardware is the drive itself. In which case moving it
to a new machine would move the problem as well. How are your backups?

David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Novell Knowledge Partner http://forums.novell.com

Please post questions in the newsgroups. No support provided via email.