Re: iPrint Direct

Joseph Marton

Feb 11, 2010, 11:34:42 AM2/11/10
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:16:02 +0000, ncharleyhog wrote:

> When using iPrint Direct and a person sends a corrupt document to the
> printer and then immediately after sending the document they shut down
> their Windows XP, how are we to delete the print job since there is no
> queue on the server?

If your printer has a "cancel job" button just hit that. If it's an HP
printer, you can do this remotely using WebJetAdmin.

--
Joe Marton
Novell Knowledge Partner

Joseph Marton

Feb 11, 2010, 12:51:13 PM2/11/10
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:56:02 +0000, ncharleyhog wrote:

> since there is no server "queue" with Direct (a job goes directly to the
> printer), the server won't keep trying to send the document after the
> printer is back online, right?

I believe the workstations communicate directly with the printer and
completely bypass the NDPS/iPrint Manager.

Joseph Marton

Feb 12, 2010, 11:44:51 AM2/12/10
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:26:02 +0000, ncharleyhog wrote:

> I downloaded and installed the newest version of Web JetAdmin (10.2) and
> I can't find within the utility where I can manage print queues

You don't manage print queues. You remotely manage the printer's control
panel, remotely hitting the "cancel job" button that physically exists on
the printer.

Keith Larson

Feb 14, 2010, 12:49:02 PM2/14/10
power off the printer and clear the job from memory.  there is no server or workstation to send the job again.

>>> ncharleyhog<nchar...@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 2/11/2010 11:16 AM >>>

ncharleyhog's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=18514
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=401521