Re: icapture error after upgrade to iPrint client 5.40

W_ Prindl

Jul 16, 2010, 12:32:33 PM7/16/10
It would have been fine, if this important information about the cli
change, would be included in the readme of the client install, because
nobody has the time to check the whole documentation for OES2 for any
changes one could think of, if there is no indication of changes in the
documentation, which accompanies a client patch.

Further it would be helpful if that change would make it to the help
text of the command itself, as the examples shown there clearly show
the old syntax.

Third, why wasn't the new printer syntax just added as an additional
feature with fallback to the old syntax? Where there any complaints
about the old syntax? Because now we have to change our login scripts
and add an if statement questioning the version of the iprint client
for proper functioning of icapture statements.

--
W. Prindl