Available Novell Plug-in Modules: Refresh -> Unable to display available Novell plug-ins

Rudolf Thilo

Feb 3, 2010, 2:39:08 PM2/3/10
Hi.

I wanted to try to directly download the list of the latest plugins from Novell's
site.

It fails within less than a second.

DNS is resolving fine, default gateway is set correctly, also tried to specify proxy
(BM3.8)

pktscan shows, that this server isn't sending a single TCP:80 (8080) packet.

I've got the plugin I needed by looking into the file the iManager should try to
access[1], but I'd like to know my mistake...

What do I miss?

Regards, Rudi.

[1]
Configure
iManager Server
-> Plugin Download
Novell Download Site:
http://www.novell.com/products/consoles/imanager/iman_mod_desc.xml

Edward van der Maas

Feb 3, 2010, 5:04:43 PM2/3/10
Rudolf Thilo wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I wanted to try to directly download the list of the latest plugins
> from Novell's site.
>

> It fails within less than a second.
>
> DNS is resolving fine, default gateway is set correctly, also tried
> to specify proxy (BM3.8)
>

> pktscan shows, that this server isn't sending a single TCP:80 (8080)
> packet.
>

> I've got the plugin I needed by looking into the file the iManager
> should try to access[1], but I'd like to know my mistake...
>

> What do I miss?

Can you punch a hole in your firewall and see if direct traffic would
work ? Also, try to restart tomcat on the server.

--
Cheers,
Edward

Rudolf Thilo

Feb 4, 2010, 3:14:01 AM2/4/10
Hi

>Can you punch a hole in your firewall and see if direct traffic would
>work?

It doesn't. (all TCP traffic stateful from the Server's IP allowed)

>Also, try to restart tomcat on the server.

done several times.

The download is initiated through the *SERVER*'s tomcat, right?

Regards, Rudi.

Edward van der Maas

Feb 6, 2010, 3:07:33 AM2/6/10
Rudolf Thilo wrote:

yep, when you restart tomcat, do you see 'unknown host www.novell.com'
or something similar in catalina.out ?

--
Cheers,
Edward

Rudolf Thilo

Feb 8, 2010, 5:34:56 AM2/8/10
Hi.

>> The download is initiated through the *SERVER*'s tomcat, right?
>
>yep, when you restart tomcat, do you see 'unknown host www.novell.com'
>or something similar in catalina.out ?

When restarting tomcat, the logger screen does *NOT* show such a line.

Where is the file catalina.out?

First I searched all below sys:\tomcat\, then sys:\ an below, there is no
catalina.out anywhare?

In the web there are some docs pointing to <tomcat>\conf\logging.conf to change the
location of catalina.out, that file doesn't exist either?

Regards, Rudi.

Edward van der Maas

Feb 17, 2010, 4:54:24 PM2/17/10
Rudolf Thilo wrote:

> Hi.
>

> >> The download is initiated through the *SERVER*'s tomcat, right?
> >
> > yep, when you restart tomcat, do you see 'unknown host
> > www.novell.com' or something similar in catalina.out ?
>

> When restarting tomcat, the logger screen does NOT show such a line.

> Where is the file catalina.out?
>
> First I searched all below sys:\tomcat\, then sys:\ an below, there
> is no catalina.out anywhare?
>
> In the web there are some docs pointing to <tomcat>\conf\logging.conf
> to change the location of catalina.out, that file doesn't exist
> either?

Sorry for the delay

Ok, so you are using netware, I kinda was assuming you were using Linux
:)

I don't believe tomcat on netware contacts novell.com on startup like
on Linux. If it doesn't work properly I'd sugges to open a call with
Novell. It might just a bug. I don't have any netware servers around
anymore to test it :(

--
Cheers,
Edward