Re: Clustering iManager Service?

David Gersic

Aug 28, 2010, 11:13:12 AM8/28/10
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:06:03 +0000, SJFast911 wrote:

> Yes, Virtual IP.
>
> Yes we would use NCS on OES2sp2. I forgot about the monitoring part of
> NCS on OES2sp2. Did not know you can check for a service like Tomcat.

I haven't tried to monitor a Tomcat application with NCS/OES2. But since
they're using the same OCF scripts that the Linux/HA people have been
working on for some time now, you might see if there's something
available there that you can use. I _have_ monitored a JBoss application
with Linux/HA, so it seems likely that there should be something for
Tomcat that would work.

> was reading the documentation on clustering iManager there are two
> methods. Active/Active and Active/Passive. Which method would be the one
> to use where you monitor the Tomcat service or does it matter?

Probably doesn't matter. I'd probably do it as Active/Passive though.

David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Novell Knowledge Partner http://forums.novell.com

Please post questions in the newsgroups. No support provided via email.

Edward van der Maas

Sep 1, 2010, 6:57:23 PM9/1/10
SJFast911 wrote:

> I cannot find a /nps/servlet/portal folder. There is the following:
>
> /var/opt/novell/imanager/nps/servlet
> /var/opt/novell/imanager/nps/portal
>
> But no /var/opt/novell/imanager/nps/servlet/portal folder.
>
> What am I doing wrong or do I need to create that folder?

Its a 'virtual' directory. It doesn't exist on the file system

--
Cheers,
Edward