Preventing incoming emails to userid.postoffice@domain

steve

Oct 24, 2008, 11:41:15 AM10/24/08
We're receiving a lot of spam to userid.postoffice.domain@domain email
addresses and nothing genuine comes to these versions of addresses.

I've unchecked userid.postoffice@internet_domain_name in GW System
Operations > Internet Addressing. When that didn't work I checked and then
tried overriding/disabling the Internet Addressing settings at the domain,
PO and user level but they're still coming through to those addresses.

Is it possible to block incoming email to those types of addresses?

Thanks for any assistance.

Steve
Is it pos

Michael Rae

Oct 24, 2008, 4:10:02 PM10/24/08
Try unloading and loading the GWIA agent after the changes.

"steve" <st...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Dave Parkes

Oct 25, 2008, 6:35:27 AM10/25/08
Is the GWIA receiving these mails directly or is there something else in
the chain ?

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

joebrug

Oct 27, 2008, 1:26:02 PM10/27/08

DParkes;1668157 Wrote:
> Is the GWIA receiving these mails directly or is there something else
> in
> the chain ?

Directly. Gwava is behind it.

--
#novell on efnet
joebrug's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=103

Dave Parkes

Oct 28, 2008, 5:44:13 PM10/28/08
Which version of the GWIA are you and Steve using Joe ?, if not 703 HP1,
then I'd try upgrading it

Dave Parkes

Oct 30, 2008, 7:56:35 AM10/30/08
To be honest, I haven't tried disabling any of the address formats. I just
use the delete key more than most I suppose <g>. Are all these mails
coming from a single IP address ?, might be easier to block that

joebrug

Oct 30, 2008, 1:16:02 PM10/30/08

lol..
No, not coming from a single IP. Sooo.. what now? Pretty simple test
if someone else wouldn't mind trying it. Two of us have seen the prob
so far.

steve

Nov 5, 2008, 4:51:00 AM11/5/08
Just to add my voice to Joe's, none of the other fixes worked for me and
also running sp3.

"joebrug" <joe...@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message

steve

John Vaughn

Dec 17, 2009, 1:54:27 PM12/17/09
Did anyone ever find a solution??? I can't find a way to prevent email
from being delivered to userid.postoffice.domain@internet domain.