Re: GWIA missing incoming emails from a customer

Massimo Rosen

Feb 25, 2010, 4:09:08 AM2/25/10

AndyRoth wrote:

> Our external spam filter indicated that an email from
> mkin...@customer.com had been released to 12:55 today. Our 2 user that
> it was sent to never got the email.
> I checked the GWIA log for today to see if mkin...@customer.com was
> in there but found nothing.

Then it never got there.

> Is there something in GW 7 that would block an email from entering
> GWIA?

No. Well, yes, but it would still be in the logs. Look at your spam
filter as the culprit, not GWIA. If there's no log entry in the GWIA,
then it never got there.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

Ted Kumsher

Mar 1, 2010, 12:24:16 PM3/1/10
Are you using any 3rd party integrated software? If so, then the email
address "mkin...@customer.com" won't show up in the log until it gets past
the 3rd party integrated application. Instead, you'd have to look for the
incoming IP address of the connection as that is logged prior to the 3rd
party integration. But since it sounds like all your email comes from 1
location, that probably won't help you. I guess you could put forth the
effort to see if you have any incoming connections that don't have a
matching "mail from" entry in the logs.

Also, some external spam services could change the from address . . .