Re: Sending messages IMAP/SMTP iPhone

Ted Kumsher

Jan 8, 2010, 4:34:03 PM1/8/10
RBL black lists.

dschaldedfg<dscha...@no-mx.forums.novell.com>
wrote:

> Hello we are having a random issue with sending messages through the
> iPhone using GroupWise here is the bulk of the message I received from
> another technician that I work with.
>
> "It seems that they're having a hard time sending messages through IMAP
> / SMTP when using the iPhone. *Another tech uses IMAP/SMTP on his iPhone
> with our GW system just fine. *For some reason, @ the location in
> question, *
> messages fail to deliver some time. *Other times, messages send OK. *I
> *
> don't believe it's an iPhone issue. *I can receive e‑mail just fine *
> from the NHCS PO but my iPhone sometimes cannot send.
>
> Firewall is OK
> IMAP is enabled in the POA
>
> I was wondering if you guys knew of any SMTP settings in GW that would
> *
> cause this kind of intermittent behavior. "
> I am not sure that this is the correct forum but I am hoping that this
> would be the correct one with the SMTP settings along with the IMAP/SMTP
> thank you.

Ted Kumsher

Jan 11, 2010, 6:55:59 PM1/11/10
If you have the GWIA using a black list, it's quite possible that the
iPhone's IP address is on a blacklist (for instance, our Palm Pre's from
Verizon have, from time to time, found a blocked IP range).

wrote:

> avery_larry;1914610 Wrote:
>> RBL black lists.
>>

>> Could you elaborate on what you said about the RBL black lists. Do you
>> think that the iPhone are on a black lists, or that in general the black
>> lists might be stopping this from working. Thank you

>> dschaldedfg<dschaldedfg@no‑mx.forums.novell.com>

>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello we are having a random issue with sending messages through the
>> > iPhone using GroupWise here is the bulk of the message I received
>> from
>> > another technician that I work with.
>> >
>> > "It seems that they're having a hard time sending messages through
>> IMAP
>> > / SMTP when using the iPhone. *Another tech uses IMAP/SMTP on his
>> iPhone
>> > with our GW system just fine. *For some reason, @ the location in
>> > question, *
>> > messages fail to deliver some time. *Other times, messages send OK.
>> *I
>> > *

>> > don't believe it's an iPhone issue. *I can receive e‑mail just

DZanre

Jan 20, 2010, 12:53:30 PM1/20/10
Ted Kumsher wrote:

> If you have the GWIA using a black list, it's quite possible that the
> iPhone's IP address is on a blacklist (for instance, our Palm Pre's from
> Verizon have, from time to time, found a blocked IP range).

I have seen this happen MANY times.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner

DZanre

Mar 4, 2010, 11:59:23 AM3/4/10
dschaldedfg wrote:

> It turns
> out no client (desktop client like Thunderbird or iPhone) can send any e-mail
> from outside their network.

But they can from INSIDE? With Thunderbird or some other client?