Re: GWIA config files

Massimo Rosen

Jan 5, 2010, 5:32:03 AM1/5/10

dwiseman2 wrote:

> The last time I had changed this setting, which couldn't have been more
> then a couple of months, changing it in the \gwdom\wpgate\GWIA\ location
> worked.

No, sorry.

> Shouldnt there be only one gwia.cfg file?

No. It's normal that there is a gwia.cfg in the gateway directory under
the domain, but that file is never used, it's merely the template to
create a new one from.

> Should the gwia.ncf file be
> pointing to the one in the \gwdom\wpgate\GWIA\ directory??

No. gwia.cfg is and always was in the same directory from where the
agents (gwia.nlm) get loaded from. In your case (which also is the
default), that's sys:\system.

Additionally, starting with GW7.01, you should *not* manually edit
gwia.cfg any more, and actually, gwia.cfg should be empty by itself,
except the paths. Since 7.01, the gwia options are primarily stored in
the domain database, and that's the only place ConsoleOne reads and
writes for config changes. Gwia.cfg is only used to *override* the
configuration in the domain database for mostly debugging purposes, very
much like the POA and MTA config too. If you manually edit gwia.cfg and
have at least SP1 installed, the config shown in ConsoleOne for the GWIA
will not reflect reality.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen