missing email

1 view

Stevo

Jan 6, 2010, 12:39:54 PM1/6/10
Running gw7.0.3 on nw6.5sp8. User called not receiving email from an
external address.

Checked the gwia logs, see where 3 emails from this address hit our
gwia yesterday afternoon. User never got the emails, they're not
caught in either of our spam filtering software packages.

Where do I need to check to find out where this email is being lost?

--
Stevo

Stevo

Jan 6, 2010, 12:47:37 PM1/6/10
I checked the GWPROB folder, no emails in there from yesterday either.

--
Stevo

Massimo Rosen

Jan 6, 2010, 1:49:06 PM1/6/10

In the users junk settings.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

Stevo

Jan 6, 2010, 2:59:13 PM1/6/10
I think I heard Massimo Rosen say something like:

> In the users junk settings.

Checked his account, he doesn't have junk mail handling enabled.

--
Stevo

Massimo Rosen

Jan 7, 2010, 8:53:26 AM1/7/10

Hate to ask, but did you double check? In 99,5% of similar cases it
turns out to be that.

Other than that, can you freely dupe it (e.g from the same senders)? And
do you have verbose logging enabled on the POA? In that case the POA
logs may shed some light.

Stevo

Jan 7, 2010, 2:59:35 PM1/7/10
I think I heard Massimo Rosen say something like:

> Hate to ask, but did you double check? In 99,5% of similar cases it

> turns out to be that.

I'll check again, but when I checked before, he had nothing checked in
the junk mail handling settings.

> Other than that, can you freely dupe it (e.g from the same senders)?
> And do you have verbose logging enabled on the POA? In that case the
> POA logs may shed some light.

I did email him to have this person send a test email, haven't heard
anything back from him.

--
Stevo

Ted Kumsher

Jan 8, 2010, 4:33:33 PM1/8/10
Note that blocked email is part of the junk mail system -- so check the junk
mail settings including the blocked mail settings.

Could you post the verbose GWIA log for one of these emails? Does it say it
was sent on to the MTA?