Re: 450 Host Down to 1 domain

Massimo Rosen

Feb 3, 2010, 3:29:56 PM2/3/10

rbarber wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can correct this problem of
> us sending email to this domain?

You can't, they *are* down.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

Massimo Rosen

Feb 3, 2010, 6:22:07 PM2/3/10

rbarber wrote:

> Massimo,
>
> You said they are down. Can you give me some information on how you
> came to that determination.

nslookup
set type=mx
mpbcpa.com

Answer:

mpbcpa.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger =
server92.appriver.com
mpbcpa.com MX preference = 20, mail exchanger =
server93.appriver.com

telnet server92.appriver.com 25

Result: TCP connection, but no answer watsoever.

telnet server93.appriver.com 25

Result: TCP connection, but no answer whatsoever.

Determination: Both their email servers are down.

Massimo Rosen

Feb 4, 2010, 3:27:48 AM2/4/10

rbarber wrote:

> When you say:

> Result: TCP connection, but no answer whatsoever.
>

> I tried what you did and I got a black screen in telnet.

Correct.

> After you get the black screen, what did you type in to determine "no
> answer whatsoever?

It's not your turn to type. The connected server has to greet first. It
doesn't send anything, e.g it's down.