GroupWise client crashes accessing shared folder

sko...@wabsa.com.nospam

May 9, 2006, 10:40:23 AM5/9/06
Just installed GW 7 client onto about 50 PCs. I have 3 pcs that have this
issue. Whenever these computers try to access a shared folder within our
GroupWise, the GroupWise client crashes. This is the error message:

Faulting application grpwise.exe, version 7.0.0.164, faulting module
ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000122ba.

Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 67 72 70 ure grp
0018: 77 69 73 65 2e 65 78 65 wise.exe
0020: 20 37 2e 30 2e 30 2e 31 7.0.0.1
0028: 36 34 20 69 6e 20 6e 74 64 in nt
0030: 64 6c 6c 2e 64 6c 6c 20 dll.dll
0038: 35 2e 31 2e 32 36 30 30 5.1.2600
0040: 2e 32 31 38 30 20 61 74 .2180 at
0048: 20 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 offset
0050: 30 30 30 31 32 32 62 61 000122ba
0058: 0d 0a ..

We are running Windows XP sp2 on Dell GX 280. So far deleted and
recreated the share folder. Also rebuild the user profile on one of the
machines. Uninstalled and reinstalled the client. Ran mailbox repair on
each user having the issue. So far nothing has worked. Any help or
advice would be appreciated.

uber...@gmail.com

May 9, 2006, 6:08:33 PM5/9/06
same issue here...
mostly accessing shared Calendars...
tried same fixes mentined below, nothing works...

Connie W

May 10, 2006, 10:41:06 AM5/10/06
Have you tried using the latest beta client?

Connie W
<uber...@gmail.com> wrote in message

sko...@wabsa.com.nospam

May 10, 2006, 12:37:59 PM5/10/06
No I have not done so yet. Kind of nervous to run in a production
environment. Question: Can you run the beta client without running having
to update the server with a beta patch too?

Tommy Mikkelsen

May 10, 2006, 4:38:33 PM5/10/06
Yes

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net