Groupwise client is reporting 1 unread email when all are read

krish...@cox.net

Mar 19, 2007, 10:27:51 AM3/19/07
Hi Folks,

I have a rather strange problem that I'm hoping to find a solution to. I
have one user who's client is reporting that there is an unread email in
her inbox when all have been read. In fact, she has either deleted or
moved all mail out of her inbox to either a cabinet directory or an
archive. I had her log in at another workstation and the issue followed
her. I have run both an analyze/fix with all the options checked, and a
structural rebuild on her user database, and found no problems.

Thanks,
Kris

Tommy Mikkelsen

Mar 19, 2007, 10:46:03 AM3/19/07
Try TID10056056

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net

Allison Thompson

Mar 19, 2007, 4:30:30 PM3/19/07
Is the message showing unread next to the inbox or the HOME?  I had a case where a user had dragged an unread email to their "home" - so it showed 1 unread email next to home.  And this message did not show up in the inbox anymore.  The only way I figured out how to see what was in home was to customize the HOME page (right click home> choose properties> display tab> customize) to show the HOME folder (I had to make a new panel), and then you were able to see the unread email and move it back to the inbox.

krish...@cox.net

Mar 20, 2007, 3:35:18 AM3/20/07
Allison,

It's actually showing in the inbox, and it's always off by one when there
IS unread mail in the inbox. For example, when I was working on it
tonight, the inbox had 11 unread emails, but the number said 12.

Kris

=

> customize the HOME page (right click home> choose properties> display

tab> =

> customize) to show the HOME folder (I had to make a new panel), and

then =
> you were able to see the unread email and move it back to the inbox. =20

> Hi Folks,
>
> I have a rather strange problem that I'm hoping to find a solution to.

=
> I=20
> have one user who's client is reporting that there is an unread email =
> in=20

> her inbox when all have been read. In fact, she has either deleted

or=20
> moved all mail out of her inbox to either a cabinet directory or an=20

> archive. I had her log in at another workstation and the issue

followed=20=

> her. I have run both an analyze/fix with all the options checked, and =
> a=20
> structural rebuild on her user database, and found no problems.=20

> Thanks,=20
> Kris

krish...@cox.net

Mar 20, 2007, 3:31:31 AM3/20/07
Tommy,

I tried to follow that TID, but when I got to the point where I should
relog into Groupwise and it should have recreated an empty user.db file,
the POA gave an error and said that it could not find the user db file,
and the client would not load. I tried this 3 times with the same
result. That TID listed versions 5.2 to 6.5. Is the procedure possibly
not compatible with version 7?

Kris

Tommy Mikkelsen

Mar 20, 2007, 9:48:53 AM3/20/07
It is, but sometimes the POA caches the users...

Did you restart the POA after the deletion ?

krish...@cox.net

Mar 20, 2007, 2:07:16 PM3/20/07
I did start the POA afterward. Here's the steps that I did in order.

- Stopped POA
- Renamed user.db file to user.bak
- Ran gwcheck and did a structural rebuild on that particular user
- Started POA
- Tried to log in to Groupwise as that user. (This is where it fails
each time)

Kris

krish...@cox.net

Mar 20, 2007, 2:07:50 PM3/20/07
I did start the POA afterward. Here's the steps that I did in order.

- Stopped POA
- Renamed user.db file to user.bak
- Ran gwcheck and did a structural rebuild on that particular user
- Started POA
- Tried to log in to Groupwise as that user. (This is where it fails
each time)

Kris

> It is, but sometimes the POA caches the users...

Tommy Mikkelsen

Mar 20, 2007, 6:30:30 PM3/20/07
Oldie, but still valid:

TID10064926

Jörg Rohrer

Mar 27, 2007, 8:06:10 AM3/27/07
Do an "Advanced Find" with filter options "Item Status" "does not include"
"Read".
Now you should see any unread Item. If it's only one Item, it must be this
one you see in the Home View. Just delete it or move it to another Folder.

Greez
Jörg