National character in surname

1 view

Adam Balakier

Nov 16, 2009, 9:44:13 AM11/16/09
My client is using national characters in surname in eDirectory. He wants
his groupwise GWIA to accept email in format FirstName...@domain.com.
Unfortunatelly users with polish character in lastname are not finded in
Groupwise system. Is it possible to make rule changing national character to
acceptible by groupwise, or making synchronization from eDir to Groupwise
without polish character.
Thank you for your help.

Michael Bell

Nov 16, 2009, 11:26:07 AM11/16/09
Your client is crazy, bluntly speaking. emailaddresses per RFCs simply
are not well internationalized. There have been some workarounds using
punycode (but I think those technically only apply to the domain part,
not the user). Otherwise, afaik the user portion of an email address
must be US-ASCII.

Adam Balakier

Nov 17, 2009, 2:52:36 AM11/17/09

Uzytkownik "Michael Bell" <mikeb...@no-mx.forums.novell.com> napisal w
wiadomosci news:z2fMm.2975$K62....@kovat.provo.novell.com...
My question is how to make US-ASCII address from eDirectory surname
containing polish letters?. Address must be firstnam...@domain.com

Massimo Rosen

Nov 17, 2009, 3:46:29 AM11/17/09

Adam Balakier wrote:
> My question is how to make US-ASCII address from eDirectory surname
> containing polish letters?. Address must be firstnam...@domain.com

You must do that manually, in the internet addressing override option of
the user. There's no automatic way.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen