Backup and Restore of Users Mailbox and Access to Mailbox

Andre Southgate

Mar 8, 2004, 3:37:47 AM3/8/04
Hi There!
Due to an employment issue for a client, I need to be able to do a manual backup and restore of a users mailbox, keep track (get a copy of) all inbound and outbound email without them knowning, and also get proxy access even though we don't have access to thier password? Am I able to assign mailbox rights from consoleone to give one of the management access to her mailbox without actually logging in as this person and having a password as obviously once it becomes obvious he/she is being tracked it could lead to them becoming secretive.

Is there a way to get a copy of all emails in and out without creating a sent item?

Michael Bell

Mar 8, 2004, 4:10:04 PM3/8/04
Just restore the entire po to a backup directory, clear the password and go
in.

--
Michael J. Bell
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Johnny Cash (RIP)

"Andre Southgate" <An...@sapphiresolutions.com.nz> wrote in message
Hi There!

----

Andre Southgate

Mar 8, 2004, 9:12:06 PM3/8/04
to which solution are you providing a solution? Could you
elaborate pleae?

Is there a way to allow proxy access without having a users
password?

>>> Michael Bell<mikebell...@yahoo.com> 9/03/04
10:10:04 a.m. >>>

Michael Bell

Mar 8, 2004, 9:39:32 PM3/8/04
forget the word proxy.

Restore entire PO to another directory. Clear password using GWCHECK.
Connect to PO and spy on user. Done.

--
Michael J. Bell
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Johnny Cash (RIP)

"Andre Southgate" <An...@sapphiresolutions.com.nz> wrote in message

Andre Southgate

Mar 9, 2004, 1:22:19 PM3/9/04
Which files do I require to restore the post office ?
What option do I require to clear the users password with
gwcheck?

>>> Michael Bell<mikebell...@yahoo.com> 9/03/04
03:39:32 p.m. >>>

Michael Bell

Andre Southgate

Mar 9, 2004, 10:37:54 PM3/9/04
Then how would you access the post office?
Tell the client to access the UNC path rather than ip
address?

>>> Michael Bell<mikebell...@yahoo.com> 10/03/04
08:37:02 a.m. >>>

johnp...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2013, 2:32:00 AM7/22/13
Hello,
I read your issue I think you are facing problem mailbox and e,email regarding. I m sending one blog post you can read this post and I hope that your can help solve your problem : http://exchangeservermigration.blogspot.in/2013/06/how-to-perform-migration-in-exchange.html