Re: LDAP on Suse OEX

Fernando

Feb 24, 2010, 4:04:45 PM2/24/10
ahbradley wrote:
> I am working on moving my LDAP service from Netware to Linux/OES. My
> current LDAP is running on Netware 6.5 SP6 with eDir v8.7.3.9. I am
> working on moving it over to Suse 10 SP3 with eDir v8.8 sp5. My users
> are split between 2 containers. I have one for faculty and staff and
> one for just students. When authenticating to LDAP on my Suse server
> using any Novell product (i.e. GroupWise, console one or iManger) or
> LDAP Browser, I authenticate with no problems as either F/S or a
> student. However, when I try to authenticate using our Cicso VPN
> against my Suse severs I�m having issues. I can login as a F/S just
> fine. However, when logging in as a student, I get an error that the ID
> cannot be found. I have successfully logged in with one of our test
> student IDs, but all others have failed. I thought maybe it was a
> timeout issue since my student container is considerably larger then out
> FS container. I set the timeout on the search to 30 seconds, but the
> error is only taking about 3 or 4 seconds to return. Anyone know what
> maybe going on?

You probably will need to get an LDAP trace (via ndstrace or iMonitor)
to see what Cisco is doing during its requests. Before enabling the
trace, edit your LDAP server object that corresponds to your OES box, go
to the tracing tab, enable everything, save and refresh the ldap
configuration.

This way you should be able to see if the login from Cisco is reaching
eDirectory, and what is being sent for the doBind operation.

Cheers,

-Fernando

Edward van der Maas

Feb 24, 2010, 4:55:16 PM2/24/10
ahbradley wrote:

> I am working on moving my LDAP service from Netware to Linux/OES. My
> current LDAP is running on Netware 6.5 SP6 with eDir v8.7.3.9. I am
> working on moving it over to Suse 10 SP3 with eDir v8.8 sp5. My users
> are split between 2 containers. I have one for faculty and staff and
> one for just students. When authenticating to LDAP on my Suse server
> using any Novell product (i.e. GroupWise, console one or iManger) or
> LDAP Browser, I authenticate with no problems as either F/S or a
> student. However, when I try to authenticate using our Cicso VPN

> against my Suse severs I�m having issues. I can login as a F/S just

> fine. However, when logging in as a student, I get an error that the
> ID cannot be found. I have successfully logged in with one of our
> test student IDs, but all others have failed. I thought maybe it was a
> timeout issue since my student container is considerably larger then
> out FS container. I set the timeout on the search to 30 seconds, but
> the error is only taking about 3 or 4 seconds to return. Anyone know
> what maybe going on?

To add to Fernando's suggestion, are those two containers seperate
partitions ? If so, does that new OES server have a replica of both
partitions ?

--
Cheers,
Edward