Re: Discover distribution list membership through edirectory

Dave Parkes

Aug 27, 2010, 3:16:58 PM8/27/10
To a...@novell.com

>you can have a GW system run (sans
>configuration/administration needs) with GW turned off.

<g>

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

a...@novell.com

Aug 27, 2010, 8:18:22 PM8/27/10

Edward van der Maas

Aug 30, 2010, 10:23:37 AM8/30/10
mdirkse wrote:

> Hi ab,
> Thanks for your reply.
> Do you have any idea how Novell Identity Manager syncs groupwise and
> eDir? It too must be polling groupwise somehow.
> Regards,
> Maarten

generally you sync to GroupWise and not from GroupWise as groupwise
pulls so much info from eDir for things like the address book anyway.

--
Cheers,
Edward

craig wilson

Aug 27, 2010, 12:38:31 PM8/27/10
While they are not in eDir, JRBSoftware has a tool for querying that
information in a scriptable format.

http://www.jrbsoftware.com/jrbutils_nw/utils/gtoj/#Gwdlists

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

a...@novell.com

Aug 27, 2010, 12:12:44 PM8/27/10

Peter Kuo

Aug 30, 2010, 8:46:08 PM8/30/10
ACL is a wonderful thing ...

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

Dave Parkes

Aug 30, 2010, 6:36:45 AM8/30/10
Nlist is a command line program run from a workstation. It comes with
Netware. But you should be able to do something similar with LDAP, using
groupwisedistributionlist and uniquemember as the names

Dave Parkes

Aug 27, 2010, 3:16:06 PM8/27/10
Not in eDir huh ?

nlist "Groupwise Distribution List"=* show member