Re: Change attribute from MUST to MAY

Peter Kuo

Sep 2, 2010, 10:18:11 PM9/2/10
There are various limitations under which you can modify the schema. First
off, what version of eDir? Secondly, your LDIF is wrong:

MAY ( ActiveCode & Status )

should be:

MAY ( ActiveCode $ Status )

Lastly, older versions of eDir simply doesn't allow you to make the type
of change you need; what's worse, in many cases they don't even allow to
delete the aux class definition even when you have no more objects using
it! You will be better off to create a brand new aux class and update the
target objects using this new definition instead.

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

Peter Kuo

Sep 3, 2010, 6:38:17 PM9/3/10
eddy wrote:

> eDir version: 8.8sp2

I'd say try SP5 first. For the most part, schema modification is broken in
various places. If you wanted it "quick," open an SR with Novell for a
dial-in. Otherwise, one way is to use LDIF to remove the aux class from
objects and then re-add them using the new definition. You will likely
find that you cannot even remove the old definition as eDir "thinks" there
are still objects using it even when there is none ...

Edward van der Maas

Sep 2, 2010, 7:19:03 PM9/2/10
eddy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an attribute witch is currently flagged as mandatory in an
> auxillary class. I would like to change it to an option attribute. Is
> this possible? And can someone give me the right syntax to do this.
>
> To change the attribute ActiveCode to optional I tried the following
> syntax:
>
> dn: cn=schema
> changetype: modify
> delete: objectClasses
> objectClasses: ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.963.6.2.1
> NAME 'Student' AUXILIARY
> )
> -
> add: objectClasses
> objectClasses: (
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.963.6.2.1
> NAME 'Student' AUXILIARY
> MUST ( StudNumber )

> MAY ( ActiveCode & Status )

> )

I believe the only way you can do this is by recreating the aux class

--
Cheers,
Edward