FTP AutoLogin from Server

Hugh

Nov 20, 2000, 8:07:17 PM11/20/00
Hi all.

I've installed FTP on NW5SP5 server and everything seemed to work fine.
However, it keeps prompting me to login every time the FTP service is
unloaded and re-loaded. Is there a way to have FTP services login
automatically after unicon.nlm is loaded?

Thanks.

Hugh

* Sent from Novell Discussion Forums http://novell.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *

D. SKye Hodges

Nov 21, 2000, 10:30:53 AM11/21/00
You don't need to load Unicon to get FTP to work. But whenever you load
Unicon, you WILL have to login if you want to get in UNICON, you can
start/stop the FTP Service at the command prompt without doing a
UNISTOP/UNISTART

STOP:
UNLOAD FTPSERV
UNLOAD INETD

START:
LOAD INETD
as long as you server has already run UNISTART, these commands should work
just fine.

D. SKye Hodges

"Hugh" <hieucN...@grahamwebb.com.invalid> wrote in message

Hugh

Nov 28, 2000, 7:27:00 PM11/28/00
Thanks Skye for your response. What are the minimum rights needed for
the logged in user to administer Unicon? I've installed the FTP
services on the Border Manager box (NW5sp6, BM3sp3) and it doesn't seem
to work right...seems to lock up the keyboard, thus requiring
power-reset. Have you seen this problem before?