FTP bound to Public NIC

Hugh

Nov 29, 2000, 11:04:01 PM11/29/00
Hi All,

I've installed FTP service to the NW5SP6 server running Border Manager
3.0 with SP3 installed. This server has 3 NICs; 1-public, 2-privates.

Is there a way that I can configure FTP service to recognize the public
ip address? What happens now is that when I load FTP service, it
recognizes one of the 2 private ip addresses (ie: 172.16.4.x). I would
like to have FTP to recognize 206.x.x.x instead of private ip. Is it
possible?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hugh

* Sent from Novell Discussion Forums http://novell.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *

Automatic reply

Dec 5, 2000, 5:03:07 AM12/5/00
Hugh,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check the knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com
- Check out the product specific information available at http://support.novell.com/feature/before-call.htm
- Check Additional Support options http://support.novell.com/additional/
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct news group. To see which groups are available, go to http://support.novell.com/forums/scfindex.htm (NNTP) or http://novell.remarq.com/novell/home.asp (Web)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Your Novell Support Connection Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

S. Janssen

Dec 13, 2000, 3:53:35 AM12/13/00
Dear Hugh,

As stated in the other thread about Long Filenames, I'll mail you the
FTPD server. There you can use the FTPSERV.CFG to just type in which IP
should be used.

I still have to look at the way to fix your problem with Novell Print
services. Because of bad luck, while trying to fix the long filename
issue for the millionth time, I think I broke those print services
(luckily it's just a "testing" machine.)

So I will have to reinstall before I can get my Print Services running
again. I hope you'll be happy with the workaround sollution in the
meanwhile; the FTPdeamon.

Steph Janssen
Sysadmin

Hugh

Dec 13, 2000, 3:33:30 PM12/13/00
Steph,

Thanks for your response. Where's the file "ftpserv.cfg"? I've looked
in both SYS:\ETC and SYS:\SYSTEM, and do not see it. The only file
that I can find that resembles it is SYS:\ETC\ftpserv.log.

Thanks.

Hugh