Ipx sockets running high

Chris Jansen

Dec 3, 2000, 8:39:56 AM12/3/00
Hi(again),

On a netware 4.10 server we are running nfs services 2.1.
When these services run, the REQUESTR.nlm takes out every miniute 3 ipx
sockets.
When the maximum number of socket have been reached my server goes out
of time-synch.
Somethimes when i want to check the sockets in
monitor>resource/utilization>ipx sockets>requestr.nlm my server hangs(no
abend).
To prevent a manual reboot every day to get the sockets to zero again i
have put the maximum ipx socket table size on +/-60000. Now every
weekend i have to reboot the file server(or unload pserver). When i
unload pserver.nlm the socket go decrease fast but halfway the server
hangs(no abend).

all suggetions are welcome...

I'm having the latest patches.

Thanks.....