synthetic time issued on partition

1 view

santosh

Feb 9, 2002, 6:58:55 PM2/9/02
We have one novell 4.11 file server with time syncronised.
i typed set time 10.50 on server console and the time changed to
october 31.
then i did set time february 9, 2002 10.50am est. now when i type time
on server console it shows the correct time.
BUT there is an error message: synthetic time issued on partition.
i did dsrepair -a
Chose "Advanced options menu".
Chose "Replica and partition operations".
Highlighted the Partition indicating a Synthetic time error and press
Enter.
Choose "Repair time stamps and declare a new epoch".
it said Login as Admin or Equivalent.
I typed in admin and password. BUT THEN IT SAID ERROR OBJECT NOT FOUND
what should i do to correct this problem
is this going to be a major problem.

Marcel Cox

Feb 12, 2002, 12:46:25 PM2/12/02
san...@aquacom.com (santosh) wrote in message news:<9383cf08.02020...@posting.google.com>...

Note that the newsgroup you use here is no longer used by the Novell
support forums. I suggest you use the
novell.support.os.server.netware4x.install-upgrade newsgroup instead.
It is best to access that newsgroup directly from the Novell news
server by going to http://support.novell.com/forums

Marcel