4.11 migration help question

Mark M.

Nov 4, 2001, 4:27:32 PM11/4/01
I have a NW 4.11 box that is running out of space and have another server to put everything on.  This server runs apps as well as holds data and print queues and is the only box in the network.  What is the best way to move everything if I don't have server magic or Ghost?  I was thinking about putting another server in the tree and then that would copy users over and then copy the data across the wire.  When that was done I would down the original server and then change the name of the new server to the same as the old one so everything works fine again.  Would this work?  Does NW 4.11 freak out at nae changes?  Is there a better way?  Help is appreciated to in...@mcse2000.com  Thanks!

--

Thank you for contacting the Network Doctor!