Strange problem with document access

Michaela Sale

Sep 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/26/00
I have a strange problem with DMS (GW 5.5.4).
We have two GW servers (NW 4.11, SP8a) connected via a dedicated line. When
user A in the primary domain shares a folder with documents with user B in
the secondary domain, user B cannot open the documents. He gets the error
message 8503 (network too slow etc.). On the other hand, when user B shares
a folder with user A, user A can open the documents without any problem. But
there is an exception. The IT departments in both locations do also share
folders and have no problems at both ends! But for the rest of the company
it doesn't work.
Does anyone have any idea what is happening?
Thanks in advance,
Michaela

Danita Zanrè

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
Well, as you have guessed already, 8500 errors are TCP/IP transport errors. Is it possible that the IT departments have better connectivity than the rest of the organization (scoundrels!)?

Danita Zanrč
Volunteer Novell Support Connection Sysop
see www.caledonia.net/sysops.html for "Document Management with GroupWise 5.5"