Novell Suppport Forums Changing

Novell Support Connection

Dec 5, 2000, 3:54:02 PM12/5/00
Because we want to improve things for you, our customers, we here at the
Novell Support Connection have been working on plans to improve your
experience with our technical support forums and "Community" areas. In
the next week, we will be changing software and hardware at our end as
well as re-structuring the forums to better align with Novell's product
offerings.

This change will take place in two steps:

1 - Bring up the new software with the new forums and set the existing
forums to read only (for reference) and shut down the existing Critical
Path (remarQ) web interface.

2 - Two weeks later, shut down our old server containing the old forums.

We will be posting a timetable for these actions later. Watch this
group for notification.

The benefits of this new system will be:

1 - Reliability - The forums will be mirrored on two internal servers

2 - Scalability - We will be able to handle many more concurrent
connections than we currently can, and maintain server speed.

3 - Flexibility - We will be able to make changes more quickly and also
include more offerings via forums than we have been able to do in the
past. Our web interface will be integrated inhouse and not outsourced
as it currently is.

4 - Uniformity - All Novell forums (support, developer, education, etc.)
will be using the same platform with the same interfaces.

The down side is that you will have to subscribe to new forums once they
are in place.

We have made progress in the last few years and we ask your patience and
understanding while we make these changes to improve the system for you.

Stay tuned for further announcements this week.

Thanks!

The Novell Support Connection Team