Disable DMS

Ty Theierl

Sep 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/19/00

Is there any way to disable the DMS functionality and remove the folders in
the GW Client?

All of my Users have the normal DMS folders (Documents, Authored, & Default
Library) as part of their mailboxes from the original GW/Library install. My
problem is that somehow, either through previous upgrades of GW or
something, all of these folders have become dispersed throughout the user's
mailbox. In other words, the Authored and Def. Library are no longer under
the Documents folder but off of the root of the User's mailbox. As in the
following:

USERNAME
|___Mailbox
|___Sent Items
|___Calender
|___Documents
|___Task List
|___Authored
|___Work In Progress
|___Default Library
|___Cabinet
|___Trash

I can understand if it were a few Users who maybe moved the folders
themselves but this is ALL of my Users.

Ideally I'd like to remove the folders all together because I do not have
DMS implemented at all, no libraries, anything. Does anybody know of a way
to remove these folders? I found a utility on the Cool Solutions web site
called DMSSTRIPPER which is suppose to remove the DMS menu items and toolbar
components from the client but I have yet to what else it does.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ty Theierl CNE, CNA, MCP, A+/N+
Sr. Network Analyst