documents not closing

peter.s

Nov 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/10/00
I have noticed that when I edit and close a document, the activity log
shows the document still open until I close the application (e.g. excel
or word). Is there a fix for this?
Peter

* Sent from Novell Discussion Forums http://novell.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *

Danita Zanrè

Nov 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/11/00
What version of Word/Excel are you using? There was indeed a problem with
some versions, and I don't know off the top of my head. But if you tell me
what you've got I can do some checking.

Danita Zanrè
Volunteer Novell Support Connection Sysop
see www.caledonia.net/sysops.html for "Document Management with GroupWise
5.5"

>>> peter.s<peter.saund...@peterblack.co.uk.invalid> 11/10/2000
3:45:23 AM >>>

I have noticed that when I edit and close a document, the activity log
shows the document still open until I close the application (e.g. excel
or word). Is there a fix for this?
Peter

* Sent from Novell Discussion Forums http://novell.remarq.com The Internet's
Discussion Network

peter.s

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
We are using MS Office '97 with SP2.
Peter

* Sent from Novell Discussion Forums http://novell.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *

Pat Mueller

Nov 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/20/00
To add to Peter s.'s response, with Corel WP8 also, I also have 2 user
situations where documents do not get reset on a save. These 2 users only
use the library docs occasionally though and therefore have integrations
turned off. (These are conflict checks for which the secretary uses a
shared folder to have all attorneys sign off on a conflict inquiry on new
cases). Can I assume that this makes a difference, because if they close
Corel as well as save the document, it seems to reset the document status
OK.

Danita Zanrè

Nov 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/24/00
I certainly think so yes - if you don't have integrations turned on,
everything is quite different, and closing the app seems to signal that the
document is "closed".

Danita Zanrč