Restoring a deleted document

oba

Oct 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/3/00
If a user deletes a document from folders and the library by mistake,
then?
Only way to restore a blob file from backup is to find the document
property and the filename in the activity log.
But the document property is gone too.

Wish we had a log function logging all document events in a library
(Doc. number, Author, Subject, Filename, Status)

If a document was deleted by a mistake, the librian and/or the
administrator should have access to this log to be able to find the
filename of the deleted document.

Is there any utility that have this function?

Oystein Bach

* Sent from Novell Discussion Forums http://novell.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *

Dave Parkes

Oct 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/3/00
To oba

Provided you know the document number, you can recreate a document
reference and that will then show the history log for the document.

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support.novell.com/forums/

oba

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
How do I do that,
or where is this described?

Thanks

Oystein

Dave Parkes

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
To oba

File/New/DocRef and type in the number

Danita Zanrè

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
It's described in my book too of course <g>.

Danita Zanrč
Volunteer Novell Support Connection Sysop
see www.caledonia.net/sysops.html for "Document Management with GroupWise 5.5"

Dave Parkes

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
To Danita =?ISO-8859-1?B?WmFucug=?=