Adding New Properties

Dan Kerkman

Sep 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/22/00
I am setting up GroupWise 5.5 Document Management. I have added new
properties and their associated lookup tables for the purpose of better
sorting of our documents. However, when a new document is imported
(Quick inport is turned off) the new properties are not available on the
Properties tab. The manual(s) don't reference anything about this.
Have I missed something? Edits to existing default properties (i.e.
document types) have been successful.

Dan Kerkman

Danita Zanrè

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
No, you've not missed anything that I can see. Is it only in QuickImport that this happens?

Danita Zanrè
Volunteer Novell Support Connection Sysop
see www.caledonia.net/sysops.html for "Document Management with GroupWise 5.5"

Andrew Cohen

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
Danita, I have had a similar problem. I posted the following message to the
library administration forum with no response as well:

I have created a a few custom document properties that work on all of
the systems in the office except one. The specific problem is this:

When they create a new Word document (or any other document) from
within GroupWise, they are not prompted to enter the description. They
immediately are taken to the document properties window and all of the
new custom document properties are missing.

I ran all of the GWAdmin repair utilities on this specific user.

Before I delete the user and recreate it (hoping that a fresh start
will fix this problem). I would like to know what could cause
something like this. Also, are there any other things I can do to fix
this problem?

Andrew Cohen

"Danita Zanrč" <za...@gwtech.com> wrote in message

> No, you've not missed anything that I can see. Is it only in QuickImport
that this happens?

> Danita Zanrč

Danita Zanrè

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
I just answered it over there, but I'll repeat here -

The users need to go to Tools|Options|Documents - highlight the library in question and choose Properties. Under property configuration they need to move the new fields over to the right.

Danita Zanrè