Cannot open archive burnt onto a CD...

Dennis Cormier

Oct 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/10/00
A user wants to be able to read a Groupwise 5.2 32 bit archive, burnt
onto a CD. His mail client has been upgraded to Groupwise 5.5. It
appears that GroupWise 5.5 cannot open the archive direct from the CD
due to the Read Only attribute. Copying the archive to his personal
drive, hilighting the archive and changing the Read Only attribute
solves the problem.

Is there anyway that GroupWise 5.5 can be setup to open an archive with
Read only attribute, so the user could read direct from the CD instead
of having to copy to personal drive??

Danita Zanrè

Oct 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/13/00
This has always been a problem - although I thought I got around this once simply by opening the archive and then pressing OK when I got an IO error. However, "read-only" archives are not really supported.

Danita Zanrè
Volunteer Novell Support Connection Sysop
see www.caledonia.net/sysops.html for "Document Management with GroupWise 5.5"