Novell LDAP Simple/Universal password problem

Bob

Feb 13, 2006, 5:26:30 PM2/13/06
Has anyone ever run into the problem:

Here is my environment:

edir
ad
Citrix PS 4.0 authenicates against edir LDAP servers
Web Interface
Web apps authenicates against edir LDAP servers

example username: SmithJ
example password: James (uppercase J)

When I login thru Citrix or Web apps using SmithJ and james (lower case
j) I am logged in with no problem. I can have JAMES all in uppercase
and it will still work. As long as it is james in any form it will
always work. This is a problem. Any help would be appreciated. I
think it has to do with the ldap servers set for simple passwords.

Thanks

Bob

Marcel Cox

Feb 14, 2006, 12:32:50 PM2/14/06
Bob,

You posted to a dead newsgroup which is no longer part of the official
Novell support hierarchy. I suggest you visit
http://support.novell.com/forums and post to one of the official
Novell newsgroups.

Marcel