Problems Authentication to Novell using LDAP in .Net

Pierce

Aug 14, 2003, 5:22:18 PM8/14/03
I am having problems authentication to Novell using .Net. I can query
the directory in Novell and find information on a user just fine, but
when I use any type of authentication it fails.

Example:
Dim entry As New DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry("LDAP://IPAddress:389",
txtUserID.Text, txtPassword.Text, _
DirectoryServices.AuthenticationTypes.Encryption)

Error message:
"The server is not operational"

I get this error when I use any AuthenticationType except "Anonymous",
obviously because "Anonymous" authentication does not authenticate.
Does anyone have any idea what code I am missing or is it a setting on
the Novell server?

I would be grateful for any ideas.

Marcel Cox

Aug 15, 2003, 8:47:05 AM8/15/03
Pierce,

You posted to a dead newsgroup which is no longer part of the official
Novell support hierarchy. I suggest you visit
http://support.novell.com/forums and post to one of the official
Novell newsgroups.

Marcel