Using Novell eDirectory for Samba authentication

瀏覽次數:14 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

John Taylor

未讀,
2003年5月15日 下午4:54:582003/5/15
收件者:
We have older versions of Samba running on Solaris 7 and on a RedHat
Linux 7.3 server. Right now, each of these has it's own passwd file.
We also have a Novell 6 server running eDirectory (the newest, or very
recent version). I would say thay our Novell server is our primary,
canonical source for users and passwords.

Is it possible to set up Samba 2.2.8a (or do I need another version?)
on the Solaris and Linux servers in such a way that when a Windows
2000/XP client authenticates (and map drives) against the Novell
server and thus bypassing the local /etc/passwd files? If it is, do I
still need user names in /etc/passwd, but a locked entry in
/etc/shadow?

Also, I looked in the Samba 2.2.8a sources and saw
examples/LDAP/samba-nds.schema, but do not know what to do with it.
Is there a HOWTO on the net that covers this configuration? Google
was not much help or I did not type in a good search query.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John Taylor

Marcel Cox

未讀,
2003年5月22日 清晨6:36:232003/5/22
收件者:
You posted to a dead newsgroup which is no longer part of the official
Novell support hierarchy. I suggest you visit
http://support.novell.com/forums and post to one of the official
Novell newsgroups.

Marcel

john_tay...@yahoo.com (John Taylor) wrote in message news:<fc30bff.03051...@posting.google.com>...