LDAP & password grace/expiration

Ralf

Oct 11, 2005, 1:24:26 AM10/11/05
Hi all,

Let me preface this by saying, I'm very new to Novell.

The problem arose from a simple perl script that was supposed to send
out a email notification when a user's password was about to expire.
The script would do a ldap query to get the users details, name, email,
password expir. time, login grace limit, login grace remaing.
Unfortuantly it would never return values for the last 3 attributes and
of course, not work.

But it seems that the perl script isnt the problem, through using a
ldap browser tool to view the users I was querying, they dont appear to
have these attributes (they actually do, according to ConsoleOne
anyway). So this leads me to think that I've not set some
rights/permissions against the user I'm using to query the ldap. But
I've checked the user, and it does seem to have read/write access to
these attributes. So I'm stumped.

I've double, tripple checked that the ldap server group has the correct
mappings for the attributes I'm trying to query, and made sure I'm
querying the right group.

I can seem to query most other attributes fine, apart from these 3 (pwd
expire time, loging grace limit, login grace remaining).

Any suggestions? (If its a RTFM problem, please point me to the
document.)

Marcel Cox

Oct 11, 2005, 4:34:55 PM10/11/05
Ralf,

You posted to a dead newsgroup which is no longer part of the official
Novell support hierarchy. I suggest you visit
http://support.novell.com/forums and post to one of the official
Novell newsgroups.

Marcel

Ralf