Re: "Custom" Folders in GW Client

Preston Stephenson

Jan 14, 2010, 1:33:16 PM1/14/10
There is the concept of hidden folders.
It was implemented only in the Outlook connector.

It is not exposed anywhere else or in any API.
I don't believe you can assign an icon to a
folder using a C3PO, but I haven't worked with
C3PO's for years.

The Outlook connector logic could specify an icon.
That too is not exposed anywhere else.

johanvz<joh...@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I haven't used the Object API or C3PO API in a while and I just wanted
> to enquire about folder creation in GroupWise.
>
> 1.) Is there a way to create a custom folder in the GW client that has
> its own icon?
>
> I know I can create a folder using the Object API using Folders.Add()
> and the SOAP API using createItemRequest() or something like that.
>
> 2.) Is that folder 'local' to the GW client where a C3PO is running
> perhaps, or will it be available from any client including Web Access?
> Someone mentioned that you can create 'local' folders that are not saved
> back to the GroupWise message store. Is this true?
>
> My requirement is basically this: I need to mirror the folder structure
> of a 3rd‑ party system in the GW client AND monitor the events in that
> folder such as new items being moved into the folders. What would be the
> best option? SOAP or Object API/C3PO combo approach.
>
> Thanks
> Johan

Tommy Mikkelsen

Jan 14, 2010, 4:10:48 PM1/14/10
Yet Advansys manage to do it with their portal folder ;-)

--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark

Sorry, but no support through email
Please join http://www.open-horizons.net

Tommy Mikkelsen

Jan 15, 2010, 4:02:13 AM1/15/10
What you could do, is get a handle to the treeview, then walk the items
until you find your own folder, and then replace the icon

All this should be possible, even though not easy, with native windows
API's

Tommy Mikkelsen

Jan 15, 2010, 10:13:09 AM1/15/10
johanvz wrote:

>I'm not a Windows programmer,

I'm not even a programmer ;-)

Tommy Mikkelsen

Jan 15, 2010, 5:01:34 PM1/15/10
Preston Stephenson wrote:

>There is the concept of hidden folders.
>It was implemented only in the Outlook connector.
>
>It is not exposed anywhere else or in any API.

Could we please get an RFE for this.

This could be *VERY* usefull for 3.Party tools

Michael Bell

Jan 15, 2010, 8:31:36 PM1/15/10
On 1/15/2010 2:01 PM, Tommy Mikkelsen wrote:
> Preston Stephenson wrote:
>
>> There is the concept of hidden folders.
>> It was implemented only in the Outlook connector.
>>
>> It is not exposed anywhere else or in any API.
>
> Could we please get an RFE for this.
>
> This could be *VERY* usefull for 3.Party tools

I always assumed this was tied into SOAP and boxentries having a hidden
attribute.

Markus Colorado

Jan 16, 2010, 6:13:43 AM1/16/10
> I'm not even a programmer ;-)
...nice try Tommy ;-))

Markus

"Tommy Mikkelsen" <ukd...@no-mx.forums.novell.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Tommy Mikkelsen

Jan 16, 2010, 7:47:10 AM1/16/10
As long as SOAP doesn't support SSO, I will push for RFE's for the COM
based API's

Preston Stephenson

Jan 19, 2010, 7:35:47 AM1/19/10
The hidden attribute applies to folder items
not the folder themselves.

There is an outstanding enhancement bug (434608)
to be able to work with hidden folders. If it is
important for you, please let Jay Parker
(jpa...@novell.com) and / or Alex Evans
(aev...@novell.com) know.

Thanks.
Preston

>>> On Friday, January 15, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Michael

Tommy Mikkelsen

Jan 19, 2010, 8:11:27 AM1/19/10
Preston Stephenson wrote:

>There is an outstanding enhancement bug (434608)

And that's actually mine ;-)