Corrupted Field Names

1 view

Martin Schmidt

Jan 18, 2010, 7:48:17 AM1/18/10

we have added a custom field to emails with the following code through
the Object API using C#:

GroupwareTypeLibrary.Fields.Add("nagw_Archived",
FieldTypeConstants.egwString, "ok");

In a specific Groupwise System, corrupted versions of this field show up
at random times. Sometimes the "w" in "nagw_Archived" is replaced by a
special character shown as a rectangle, other times it is missing, and
there are versions that a re jumbled worse.

The corrupted versions of the fields never contain any values, although
we always add a value, whenever we add the field to a message.

How are these corrupted fields created? How can we get ridd of them?

Best regards, Martin Schmidt.

Preston Stephenson

Jan 19, 2010, 7:52:13 AM1/19/10
There have been problems with Unicode characters in the
past. (That might be the problem.) I don't know of any
problems in 8.0.1. It is difficult to remove custom
fields. For the most part it is not worth the effort.

I believe the steps would be:
Make sure there are no items in the post office that
reference the custom field.
Move all of the users off of the post office.
Delete and add the post office.
Move the users back onto the post office.

That all said, I don't know how you got corrupted
custom fields. We would need a recreatable sequence
before we could work on the problem. The sequence
would need to be on 8.0.x. You could also run gwcheck
on the domain, post office and user databases to make
sure there are no corruptions.

Preston