Address book deinitialization

Jeff McKay

Feb 2, 2010, 6:03:17 PM2/2/10
I've got a GWOAPI C++ application that reads the address book. Upon exiting
the program, I get this
message box: "Internal error* The address book deinitialization function
was never called by its parent application."
I initially thought this would be a failure on my part to release some
object involved in the address book code,
but I have looked carefully and cannot see any such bug. Is there some
other routine I am supposed to call?
I am testing with the GW 8.0.0 client.

Preston Stephenson

Feb 3, 2010, 7:23:38 AM2/3/10
There is a problem where there is an extra ref count
on the MAPI book provider code. The extra ref count
is in the MAPI code. Even if you set MultiLoginAddressBookSupport
to true to disable the MAPI address book support, the
code was loading the MAPI book support. I can't find
when the code was fixed. Please use 8.0.1 HP1. There
are other important fixes that went into that release.

>>> On Tuesday, February 02, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Jeff
McKay<jeff....@comaxis.com>

John Hieb

Feb 9, 2010, 2:19:07 PM2/9/10
I have installed the version 8.0.1 HP 1 and the error still persists.
Do you have any other suggestions?

On Feb 3, 4:23 am, "Preston Stephenson" <PStephen...@gw.novell.com>
wrote:

> There is a problem where there is an extra ref count
> on the MAPI book provider code. The extra ref count
> is in the MAPI code. Even if you set MultiLoginAddressBookSupport
> to true to disable the MAPI address book support, the
> code was loading the MAPI book support. I can't find
> when the code was fixed. Please use 8.0.1 HP1. There
> are other important fixes that went into that release.

> McKay<jeff.mc...@comaxis.com>

> wrote:
>

> > I've got a GWOAPI C++ application that reads the address book.  Upon
> exiting
> > the program, I get this
> > message box:  "Internal error* The address book deinitialization function
> > was never called by its parent application."
> > I initially thought this would be a failure on my part to release some
> > object involved in the address book code,
> > but I have looked carefully and cannot see any such bug.   Is there some
> > other routine I am supposed to call?

> > I am testing with the GW 8.0.0 client.- Hide quoted text -

Jeff McKay

Feb 9, 2010, 2:57:28 PM2/9/10
We tried it again with the 8.0.1 HP client, but received the same error
message. Is there nothing I can
do about this? It pretty much disables our application if we cannot run it
without a user being around to
dismiss the dialog box.

I am not using MAPI in any way, just the GWOAPI. I take it GW uses MAPI
itself in the Address Book code?

"Preston Stephenson" <PStep...@gw.novell.com> wrote in message

Preston Stephenson

Feb 10, 2010, 6:41:34 AM2/10/10
It does unless you specify MultiLoginAddressBookSupport = True
and only use MultiLogin.

>>> On Tuesday, February 09, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Jeff

Steve Babcock

Feb 16, 2010, 8:44:26 AM2/16/10
I get this same error with 1 or 2 users using the GW 8.01 HP1 client
when attaching files to an outgoing mail - I can reproduce the error
100% of the time
GW closes and I get the "Internal error* The address book
initialization function was never called by its parent application.

I suspect this is not a programming issue per se but a Novell object
API
problem

I downloaded a post HP1 beta client build 89481 but that did not fix
the issue either

Steve

Jeff

Mar 2, 2010, 9:38:22 AM3/2/10
I have installed GW 8.0.1 HF1 on about 175 computers. We are seeing
this error on several of these computers. I saw a post on novell's
forum to delete all gw*.* files in the system32 folder. I tried this
and that did not work. There appears to be no rhyme nor reason for
when it happens. Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.