Spam literature quiz - identify the following passage

Jim

Aug 26, 2004, 6:02:55 PM8/26/04
From the end of a recent spam offering:

"It will seem like being at home again, for I lived in that room for
many, many years The black-bearded chieftain was still reclining upon
his pillows, but Rob bowed before him, and by means of signs managed to
ask for a band of warriors to assist him in assaulting the town The
chieftain appeared to doubt the wisdom of the enterprise, not being able
to understand how the boy could expect to succeed; but he graciously
issued the required order, and by the time Rob reached the city gate he
found a large group of Tatars gathered to support him, while the entire
camp, roused to interest in the proceedings, stood looking on."

Answer:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2FB16529

Blinky Bill

Aug 26, 2004, 9:27:07 PM8/26/04
never heard of the book, or the author. perhaps better know in places
elsewhere around the world.

--
Blinky Bill

I don't Suffer from insanity, I enjoy it

Jim

Aug 27, 2004, 4:30:38 PM8/27/04
Blinky Bill wrote:
> never heard of the book, or the author. perhaps better know in places
> elsewhere around the world.

Well, like you I've never heard of the book, but the author did The
Wizard of Oz.

Blinky Bill

Aug 30, 2004, 8:37:52 AM8/30/04
Jim wrote: