My Best Dentist Visit

Scott Campbell

Apr 27, 2009, 12:04:37 AM4/27/09
The other day I went to the dentist. I think I had been once not long
after I started work 14 or so years ago.

I said to the dentist that one of my biggest concerns was that I hadn't
had a check up in 10+ years. There was no comment.

Teeth were good, even my widsom teeth. The passing comment from the
dentist as I was leaving "See you in 10 years time". :-)

Adam Gabriel

Apr 27, 2009, 8:34:34 AM4/27/09
You must have an honest dentist. I would expect him to do a plethora of x-rays,
touch ups, tune-ups and superfluous work.

My dentists instists on doing a root canal to one of my front teeth that was
injured over 15 years ago. It hasn't hurt or bothered me since, but he says it
will at some point so might as well get it now.
--

Scott Campbell spewed:

Matthew

Apr 27, 2009, 10:15:56 AM4/27/09
Adam Gabriel wrote:
> You must have an honest dentist. I would expect him to do a plethora of x-rays,
> touch ups, tune-ups and superfluous work.
>
> My dentists instists on doing a root canal to one of my front teeth that was
> injured over 15 years ago. It hasn't hurt or bothered me since, but he says it
> will at some point so might as well get it now.

My dentist committed suicide after my last visit. That makes three now.
Is it me? :P

Adam Gabriel

Apr 27, 2009, 10:22:08 AM4/27/09
You should think about having a mint before your next visit. :-)
--

Matthew spewed:

DougB

Apr 27, 2009, 10:29:45 AM4/27/09
Adam Gabriel,

> You should think about having a mint before your next visit. :-)

ROFL!

Susan

Apr 27, 2009, 10:33:22 AM4/27/09
Scott:

Now that's something to be very proud about! : )

Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
http://ncci.blogspot.com NCCIrregulars Blog

Mary Matthews

Apr 27, 2009, 11:00:45 AM4/27/09
Wish I had such luck. Last trip was to a sadistic pig of an old fart who
couldn't understand why someone with sensitive teeth would need something
stronger than an advil for a crown...and to make matters worse, the
permanent crown wasn't fitted right and Delta Dental refuses to allow me to
switch to another dentist to get it fixed properly.

I hate dentists!

zeffan

Apr 27, 2009, 12:36:02 PM4/27/09

> My dentist committed suicide after my last visit. That makes three
> now.
> Is it me? :P

Next time don't eat a gyro before you go. <g>

--
zeffan
zeffan's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=21925

zeffan

Apr 27, 2009, 12:36:02 PM4/27/09

> I hate dentists!

You should also hate the insurance company for not letting you change.

Mary Matthews

Apr 27, 2009, 2:17:53 PM4/27/09
That too,,,

Matthew

Apr 27, 2009, 3:30:02 PM4/27/09
Adam Gabriel wrote:
> You should think about having a mint before your next visit. :-)

I did. They provided them in the urinals.

Barry Schnur

Apr 27, 2009, 3:32:47 PM4/27/09
Lot's of sympathy here -- I am having a tooth pulled later this week --
a 30+ year old root canal finally has gotten to the point where pulling
the tooth is the only rational option. Then this summer, I get to fill
that spot with a bridge -- and I've NO dental insurance.

--
Barry Schnur
Former Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

Craig

Apr 27, 2009, 8:07:08 PM4/27/09
That's what I was thinking. I remember hearing some bad stuff about Delta.
"zeffan" <zef...@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message

Mary Wood

Apr 28, 2009, 9:52:12 AM4/28/09
I hate Delta. I wanted to have my teeth cleaned every four months,
thinking okay, that's three per year and Delta will pay for two and I'll
pay for one. Nooooooo. Since they were less than six months apart,
Delta paid for NONE.

zeffan

Apr 28, 2009, 10:06:02 AM4/28/09

Yeah, my kids love that scene from Madagascar, too!

Scott Campbell

Apr 28, 2009, 4:23:49 PM4/28/09
Adam Gabriel wrote:

> You must have an honest dentist. I would expect him to do a plethora
> of x-rays, touch ups, tune-ups and superfluous work.

He did some x-rays, and bizzarely enough the total cost of the check,
clean and x-rays was less than what I paid for just a clean when I last
went to the dentist all those years ago.
*AND* he managed to do the job without setting my teeth on edge (no pun
intended).

A friend of mine recommended him, a very fair and honest man.

Scott Campbell

Apr 28, 2009, 4:24:23 PM4/28/09
Susan wrote:

> Now that's something to be very proud about! : )

Yeah, it's nice to know that out of my messed up genetics I have good
teeth :-D

Scott Campbell

Apr 28, 2009, 4:29:43 PM4/28/09
Mary Matthews wrote:

:-(

> I hate dentists!

I didn't like dentists, but I will be making a point of going back in a
years time for a clean and check.

DZanre

Apr 28, 2009, 5:27:01 PM4/28/09
Mary Matthews wrote:

> I hate dentists!

We make a point to make sure that all of our healthcare providers are
handsome - makes the distress a lot easier. For the girls at least - I'm
not sure how Joe feels about it <heehee>.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner

Kathryn Carruthers

Apr 28, 2009, 6:00:26 PM4/28/09
DZanre wrote:

> Mary Matthews wrote:
>
> > I hate dentists!
>
> We make a point to make sure that all of our healthcare providers are
> handsome - makes the distress a lot easier. For the girls at least -
> I'm not sure how Joe feels about it <heehee>.

I have a very good looking dentist. I started going to him because he
was recommended as pain-free as possible, but he's not at all hard to
look at when I have to have something done.

Mary Wood

Apr 29, 2009, 10:25:18 AM4/29/09
My daughter's dentist explained to me that the main reason for dental
x-rays was to see if there were cavities between the teeth.

I have never in my whole life met anyone who had a cavity between two
teeth, have you?

Scott Campbell

Apr 29, 2009, 2:52:53 PM4/29/09
Mary Wood wrote:

> My daughter's dentist explained to me that the main reason for dental
> x-rays was to see if there were cavities between the teeth.
>
> I have never in my whole life met anyone who had a cavity between two
> teeth, have you?

certainly no-one that I know. But I do tend to shut off a little when
people talk about dentists as it always reminded me that I really
*should* get a checkup :-)

wilian...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2013, 12:37:08 AM7/9/13
Invisalign, Barnegat, NJ have good and latest advanced technologies for the dentistry treatment. You can know about its more details and online information that can help in your dental treatment.

http://baysidedentistrynj.com/invisalign/