Debt reduction plan update

Frank Pineau

Aug 29, 2004, 7:58:47 PM8/29/04
I think I've finally convinced my wife that there's a light at the end of the
tunnel. I've run all the numbers and I've been able to show her that we can be
debt-free (except for the house) in as little as 18 months. It will probably be
more like 24 months, though. Not only that, we could theoretically be
completely debt-free (including the house) within 15 years.

Up until now, she was skeptical that we'd *ever* be out of debt. Our cash flow
right now is almost zero, but I've shown her a way to increase our cash flow by
almost 30% by the end of October. And of course, once you have a little
flexibility, it becomes increasingly easier to pay off debt. The more debt you
have paid off, the higher your cashflow becomes, until pretty soon you're doing
nothing but paying into your positive investments.

She's starting (slowly) to become as excited at the prospect as I am. It's
going to happen. The light at the end of the tunnel is NOT a train! :-)

Blinky Bill

Aug 29, 2004, 10:20:43 PM8/29/04
Frank Pineau wrote:

> The light at the end of the tunnel is NOT a train!

But the bulldozer will do a similar amount of damage <g>

--
Blinky Bill

I don't Suffer from insanity, I enjoy it

Andrew Z Carpenter

Aug 30, 2004, 4:01:19 AM8/30/04
> "Frank Pineau" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> Up until now, she was skeptical that we'd *ever* be out
> of debt. Our cash flow right now is almost zero, but
> I've shown her a way to increase our cash flow by almost
> 30% by the end of October.

Friends in high places in Nigeria?

--
AZC

Frank Pineau

Aug 30, 2004, 6:51:46 AM8/30/04
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:01:19 GMT, "Andrew Z Carpenter" <a...@cirencester.ac.uk>
wrote:

>Friends in high places in Nigeria?

Nope. Just simple accounting tricks and sane money management.

Pete Dumont

Aug 30, 2004, 8:32:08 AM8/30/04
LOL!

Rick Chisholm

Aug 30, 2004, 9:09:03 AM8/30/04
an equation so simple even I can figure it out

SPEND < U MAKE

Rick

Blinky Bill

Aug 30, 2004, 9:13:44 AM8/30/04
Rick Chisholm wrote:

> SPEND < U MAKE

Easier said than done <g>

Message has been deleted

Orangeblossom

Aug 30, 2004, 11:11:57 AM8/30/04
yeah, now that I am taking over the bill paying for the next 6 months
or so and we will be having almost 2x the money with bonus pay I am
hoping to get the 1 CC payed off as well.

--
"Its just one of those days, feelin' like a freight train. First one to
complain leaves with a blood stain."

Limp Bizkit, Break Stuff off of Significant Other

Matthew Shuter

Aug 30, 2004, 12:34:15 PM8/30/04
Enron? :-)

Frank Pineau

Aug 30, 2004, 6:41:19 PM8/30/04

No kidding. If all your bills came due at the same time and you got paid the
day before, it would be easier. I don't know about anyone else, but I have
bills come due throughout the month and I get paid somewhat irregularly (15th
and last day of the month, last day obviously varying from month to month)

Blinky Bill

Aug 31, 2004, 7:27:24 AM8/31/04
Frank Pineau wrote:

I get paid every Tuesday between 2:30pm and 4:30pm. That is one thing
that is regular about this job.

Rick Chisholm

Sep 3, 2004, 3:46:15 PM9/3/04
have you heard of the envelope system?

Rick

Doug Black

Sep 3, 2004, 4:05:39 PM9/3/04
Rick Chisholm wrote:
> have you heard of the envelope system?

Is that the old "prepare three envelopes" method of network administration?

Rick Chisholm

Sep 7, 2004, 3:11:46 PM9/7/04
uuhhhhhhhhh? maybe?

Rick

Frank Pineau

Sep 22, 2004, 5:53:24 PM9/22/04
Another update on my debt reduction plan. I paid off my van today. Two months
early. My next debt is expected to be paid off before Christmas. :-)

Blinky Bill

Sep 22, 2004, 7:12:14 PM9/22/04
Frank Pineau wrote:

> I paid off my van today.

Obviously time to upgrade then ;)

ble...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2012, 5:17:23 PM10/11/12
I also need to lower my debt how does this work?
Brice Spruce
ble...@gmail.com