NoSQL East - Next Generation Technology, Today

Chris Williams

Sep 23, 2009, 4:38:55 PM9/23/09
to novala...@googlegroups.com
All,

I am curating NoSQL East which being held October 28-30, 2009 in Atlanta, GA. This conference is focusing on the next generation of data storage technologies, collectively known as NoSQL. The conference is bringing together the smartest people in the alternative database domain to provide both a breadth and depth of knowledge about these technologies. The databases presented are currently in use for some of the world's largest web applications - Twitter (Kevin Weil), Facebook and Digg (Arin Sarkissian), and Yahoo (John Corwin). The group of database technologies presented provide for web-scale data storage and retrieval especially in Rails based applications because it views the data more closely to how Rails views data - a Key/Value hash in the sky. If you do any level of web programming, Rails or otherwise, you definitely owe it to yourself to consider attending NoSQL East. It will be a blast, as we are basing the conference style similar to JSConf, which means lots of social events that are all included and massive amounts of top notch people. If you are only familiar with Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2), this is a perfect opportunity to jump on the next wave of technology and do so with the smartest people in the field. If you have played with some NoSQL databases, this is your chance to dive deep with people who are leading the charge. This is an amazing conference with mind blowing material that is well within driving distance. In terms of applicability, if you persist data in any fashion -- this conference and this technology is for you. If you have not even heard of NoSQL or played with CouchDB/MongoDB/etc. the talks will be a great introduction for you and trust me, it will change your view of data persistence (and make your life happier).

Do note that we are nearly sold out and the early bird deadline (price $250) ends September 30th. I should have sent this out weeks ago, but I am a slacker (apologies). Make sure to get your tickets as soon as possible as we will most likely be sold out in the coming week.

Chris Williams