Amy Hoy and Thomas Fuchs JavaScript Master Class

Chris Williams

Mar 30, 2010, 11:54:04 AM3/30/10
to novala...@googlegroups.com

All,

I want to pass this on as it is a tremendous opportunity to learn the deep concepts of JavaScript and how to yield it like a wizard to impress bosses and friends alike. This is a rare opportunity to have some of the best and brightest JavaScript leaders here in Washington DC and you should definitely take advantage of it.

Are you using JavaScript? Or does JavaScript use you? Do you want to know how all the trickery in those shiny frameworks actually works? Want to level up to expert? You can!
Come visit the full-day JavaScript Masterclass in Washington DC, on Friday, April 16, 2010. (That’s the day before JSConf 2010 starts!)
Amy Hoy and Thomas Fuchs teachers extraordinaire and yours truly will show you how to achieve JavaScript excellence.
There are just 10 seats remaining and those will sell out very soon! They would hate to hear from your that you wanted to attend but couldn’t grab a seat! :)
The course is framework-agnostic, so whether you use and love jQuery, Prototype, Scriptaculous, dojo, YUI or bare-bones JavaScript, you’ll walk away enthused with JavaScript knowledge, and can directly use it in your projects!
Book now and take advantage of our early bird rate of just $550. For that, you’ll get to participate in our full-day workshop, pick their brains, get printed handouts and digital copies of all materials plus a free copy of their JavaScript performance ebook “JavaScript Performance Rocks!” (if you already have it, you can gift it to someone else!). And of course, we also excel in socializing, so yes, you can have beers with us!

Also JSConf is hosting a Mobile App Development training session for $499.00 in tandem with the good folks at Nitobi who make PhoneGap. PhoneGap allows you to write CSS/HTML/JavaScript and compile them to multiple platforms directly. If you are planning on getting into mobile development, this is the absolute best way to use existing knowledge to create amazing mobile applications.

In this hands-on workshop, you'll discover how to use your HTML/JavaScript skills to build applications for mobile platforms including iPhone, Google Android, Blackberry, Symbian and Palm.

You'll learn how to use PhoneGap, an open source mobile development framework, to create platform-neutral mobile applications with HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

Get the tools and experience you need to build app store ready mobile applications for iPhone, Google Android, Symbian, Palm and Blackberry.
At the completion of this course, you'll be able to:
  • Set up your development environment
  • Compile for multiple platforms
  • Run code in a emulator
  • Debug your HTML and JavaScript
  • Access native APIs, including location, camera, accelerometer, contacts, and more via JavaScript
  • Optimize your JavaScript for mobile devices
  • Make security considerations
  • Build a mobile application that runs offline
  • Use CSS transitions, animations and transforms to create native looking interfaces
  • Use the Canvas for advanced graphics
  • Use mobile JS libraries, such as XUI and Dashcode to build mobile applications faster

You do not need to be attending JSConf to take advantage of these great opportunities. We are quite happy to bring talented individuals like this to the Washington DC area for the regional technology community to grow and expand. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me directly.

--

Chris Williams