Fwd: JUG London Tuesday January 16th 1900UTC / 1 pm Chicago Time

Dorothy Firsching

Jan 10, 2024, 11:25:16 AMJan 10
to novaj...@googlegroups.com
2 pm our time
Dorothy

Subject: JUG London Tuesday January 16th 1900UTC / 1 pm Chicago Time
From: Joomla! User Group Chicago North <in...@joomlachicagonorth.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 02:09:21 +0000

Peter van Westen is discussing Articles Anywhere and future-proofing code
Logo

JUG London Jan 16th
1 pm Chicago Time

[]

Description

Join us for this month’s Joomla User Group London (#JUGL) meetup

For January, we have:

Peter van Westen - An overview of Articles Anywhere

The session will provide a comprehensive overview of the extension, highlighting its diverse functionalities and illustrating how it seamlessly integrates with Joomla. You will gain valuable insights into the extension's ability to fetch and display articles (and their data) from Joomla's database anywhere on the site, showcasing its versatility and ease of use.Â

Peter van Westen - Keep your code clean, readable and future-proof

The second part of the presentation will shift focus to my personal methods and approaches to keeping PHP code clean, readable, and future-proof. I will share my strategies and practices that I have learned and developed over time, offering you a glimpse into my coding philosophy. This segment aims to inspire and guide you, as a developer, in adopting practices that enhance the maintainability and quality of your code.

As usual, it’s a BYOD event (Bring Your Own Drinks), but all drinks and humans are welcome; we think it will be a great night, packed with Joomla goodness. So see you there.

Schedule (UTC):

The time is from 19:00 UTC (19:00 BST) Tuesday, 16th January, until 21:00 UTC ( 21:00 BST)

19:00 - Introductions and chit-chat and News
19:15 - Peter van Westen - An overview of Articles Anywhere
19:45 - Questions
20:00 - Peter van Westen - Keep your code clean, readable and future-proof
20:45 - Questions
21:00 - Fireside chat,  news, social etc…

We look forward to seeing you.

Dorothy Firsching
Dorothy Firsching, PMP
Ursa Major Consulting, LLC