New kind of spam

Dorothy Firsching

Jul 31, 2023, 10:38:55 AM7/31/23
to novaj...@googlegroups.com
I just noticed that, caught in my spam filter, are spam emails looking like Joomla Update emails with the site names slightly misspelled.  E.g., "Solutionss" instead of "Solutions".

With the warning in my filter that the actual name is different...

I'm lucky that I tend to notice typos, and don't do Joomla updates by clicking on reminder emails anyway.
Not to mention that mine are already updated.

Have you seen these?  Watch out.

Dorothy

Dorothy Firsching
Dorothy Firsching, PMP
Ursa Major Consulting, LLC
9536 Stevebrook Road
Fairfax, VA  22032
phone (703) 425-6236
fax (703) 345-9354
www.ursamajorconsulting.com
Twitter: @dbfirsching

Bruce Scherzinger

Jul 31, 2023, 10:42:06 AM7/31/23
to novaj...@googlegroups.com

No, I have never seen one of these. However, thanks for the heads-up. I will keep an eye out.

Bruce Scherzinger * bruce.sc...@gmail.com

--
NoVAJoomla is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters. The Joomla! logo is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.
---

Gene Crawford

Jul 31, 2023, 12:25:55 PM7/31/23
to novaj...@googlegroups.com

Haven’t seen these either. I filter these to go to a specific folder and I took a quick peek and couldn’t find anything nefarious. Time will probably tell.

Gene