ICC, Kimberley School

Notts SOS

Feb 12, 2012, 8:53:56 AM2/12/12
to notts-sos-a...@googlegroups.com
This is the latest update from Nottinghamshire Save Our Services
(Notts SOS) about local anti-cuts activity. This week news on our
campaign against cuts to funding for the International Community
Centre, a victory for campaigners at Kimberley School and some
upcoming events.

--------------

MEETINGS

We meet every two weeks which means that the next meeting is Monday
20th February.

Meetings start at 7.30pm and are held at the International Community
Centre, Mansfield Road. Meetings are usually finished before 9pm and
there's often an opportunity to carry on any discussion informally in
the pub afterwards. Please do come along and get involved.

---------------

INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY CENTRE

One of the proposals in the city council's budget is that the grant it
provides the International Community Centre (ICC) on Mansfield Road
(where we meet) be cut from £54,000 to nothing.

There are 114 user groups at the ICC and we're are doing our best to
contact them about what is intended and see if some will come to our
next Notts SOS meeting on Monday 20th Feb and/or take other action. We
have written a letter/flyer that is being put in every room.

Read the letter: http://wp.me/p15Eeo-Ic

--------------

VICTORY AT KIMBERLEY SCHOOL

Congratulations are in order for the Save Kimberley School campaign.
On Tuesday evening (February 7th), the school's governing body
rejected academy status. This vindicates the all the work done by the
campaign, unions and supporters. Well done all!

More information: http://wp.me/p1H8vO-1H

---------------

DATES FOR YOUR DIARY

Some events a bit further in the future which you might want to take a
note of now...

Thursday 23 February, 12.30pm
There will be a protest outside County Hall, West Bridgford, while
Nottinghamshire County Council meets to set its budget for 2012-13.
Organised by Notts Unison.
http://www.nottsunison.org.uk

Tuesday 28 February, 7pm-10pm
Occupy Nottingham community outreach and social evening, Sneinton
Hermitage Community Centre, Sneinton Boulevard, NG2 4GN
http://occupy-nottingham.org.uk

Wednesday 7 March, 1pm-7.30pm
Save our NHS mass day of action, Houses of Parliament, London.
Organised by Unite the Union
http://s.coop/unitenhs

Wednesday 28th March
Possible national strike action over pensions by PCS and NUT (and
maybe other unions)

--
Nottinghamshire Save Our Services (Notts SOS)

Website: http://nottssos.org.uk
Twitter: @nottssos
OStatus: @nottssos
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/nottssosfb